Altius is a leading data focused technology consultancy specialising in data, performance management and data science solutions. We’re leading the UK market in delivering Microsoft Azure based data platforms and our data science team is at the cutting edge of delivering machine and deep learning solutions. The business has an average annual growth of over 50% and employ 380 people across the UK, The Netherlands and India. Altius brings industry expertise in multiple industry sectors predominately for the retail, travel and transport, infrastructure, and public sectors.
In March 2020, Avanade, the leading digital innovator on the Microsoft ecosystem announced its acquisition of Altius. Combining Altius’ blend of in-depth technical knowledge and advanced architecture skills with Avanade’s breadth of offerings and its close partnership with Microsoft will enable clients to realise the true value of their business data. In addition, Altius’ expertise in enterprise performance management is a valuable addition to Avanade’s technology capabilities.
We’re a dynamic group of bright and talented people who are passionate about their work and offer clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. This is a fantastic opportunity to operate at the forefront of technology and once the business has transitioned to Avanade, work on a global platform with 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries.
More details on Altius and Avanade can be found on https://www.altiusdata.com and https://www.avanade.com
A Business Consultant at Altius is comfortable working across strategy and delivery-focussed work, leveraging their problem-solving experience to act as a force multiplier in our data-driven client engagements across multiple industry verticals.
This role requires exceptional interpersonal skills as you engage with technical and business stakeholders equally - executives through to operational roles - to help understand and define business problems, design solutions and roadmaps, and drive projects from inception (or impasse!) to successful implementation and/or live service.
- Ability to work on different styles of engagements such as product development, technical delivery and advisory
- Working alongside technical experts to deliver recommended solutions and bridge the gap between the business and technical teams
- Collaborating effectively with clients to solve key business problems and challenges by framing the problem, developing a vision, and building a roadmap to deliver
- Able to identify the root cause business problems within the scope of an engagement
- Effective in their engagement of stakeholders through workshops and interviews
- Utilises a variety of business analysis and data representation tools and techniques
- Becoming a trusted advisor by building long-term relationships with clients, working with them on developing long-term strategies around data and technology and helping bring them to fruition
- Proactively coaches Altius and client team members when appropriate
You are the type of person who might enjoy:
- Thinking broader than just the question or problem being presented
- Seeking out problems, and distilling them into digestible concepts
- Operating in detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Capable of identifying the true pain points within a client’s initial ask
- Working in diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
- Aligning and influencing people to gain a consensus
- Being inquisitive and curious about new technologies
You might have had the following experience:
- Significant experience working in a professional services company or as an applied knowledge worker
- An interesting data, advanced analytics, data science, technology, and business intelligence background
- Have a strong core consulting skillset: problem solving, framing complex ideas, and thinking strategically
- Experience working with clients to solve key data and technology challenges by providing actionable recommendations
- Be a force multiplier within our multi-disciplinary delivery teams, by identifying strengths and capabilities of each member and helping them execute
- Capable of fulfilling a Project Manager or Scrum Master role on smaller engagements
- Expert level business writing and communication skills
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Competitive pension scheme
- Private healthcare, critical illness, life & travel insurance and income protection
- Equal employer who value diversity
- Fantastic parental leave
- Flat working structure
- Friday drinks & monthly team socials
- A variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Excellent work-life balance
- Personal development, training days, and external training