This is a 'changemaker' role to join London Transport Museum (LTM) at an exciting time to shape the future digital strategy, oversee the delivery of the digital technology programme already underway, and manage the IT service which supports 120+ employees, volunteers, freelancers and friends.
This is a fixed term role for up to 3 years because it is focused on developing the strategy and plan to take the Museum forward. This will include a recommendation for the organisational design and the skills required to deliver the new strategy -including the future of this role. It is expected that there will be a new role required as business-as-usual (BAU) once the new strategy is rolled out and this role as currently outlined will end. It is possible the 'Digital Transformation Lead' role could evolve into a new BAU role but it is premature to conclude this.
Drawing from expertise across commercial and cultural sectors, working collaboratively with colleagues, managing a team, forging close relationships with TfL Tech and Data, seeking out key suppliers, this role will shape and drive the Museum’s digital transformation. Within our sector, we aim to be at the front of becoming a truly digital Museum.
The Digital Transformation Lead will be accountable for:
Digital Transformation Strategy
- Develop LTM’s new digital and technology strategy to meet the Museum’s charitable aims and
business objectives to enable a more joined-up experience for the Museum’s visitors and staff.
- Be instrumental in developing and applying digital thinking into the way the Museum approaches
technology and projects, to ensure the best and most appropriate solutions are delivered. Tap
into the wider creative thinking and support available externally to inform the development of the
strategy and its programme for delivery.
Digital Programme Delivery
- Work collaboratively across the Museum to support the delivery of the digital technology
programme underway (new website, online shop, new ticketing system and CRM system). The
overall programme is a strategic priority for growth over the next 2-3 years. The post holder will
review and confirm its aims, resourcing, integration, timeline, cost management, all training
requirements and be responsible for reporting progress to Senior Leadership Team, the Project
Board and Trustees.
- Manage a local technology support team within the Museum (currently one direct report but with
the potential to grow if recommended in the new strategy), with the responsibility for amongst
others, Incident Management, the Museum’s unique systems, and full hardware and software, in
addition to Apple Mac support for the Design team.
- Ensure the Museum’s technology systems are adequately supported and developed for the
future to support the Museum’s charitable and business objectives and continuous operational
improvement, to minimise the impact on trading operations.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven ability to develop and deliver a joined-up digital strategy and change programme, ideally
in a creative or cultural organisation
- Agile project management skills and the proven ability to adapt business needs in IT terms and
- Data/Information management skills - understanding of data flow, knowledge management and
digital security and develop appropriate KPIs to support the LTM Dashboard.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow.
Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days’ annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
When applying, you will need to supply your CV and a two-page covering letter. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV.
Closing date: Sunday 15 March 2020 @ 23:59.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.