Discovery is looking for top engineering talent whose deep technical chops and problem-solving skills are matched only by their passion for design and user experience. Our team builds the user experiences for OTT applications on Webm, Android, iOS, FIreTV, and tVOS. If you delight in delivering high quality, fast, and efficient mobile, web, and connected device applications to millions of customers, then this is the Discovery team for you.
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Core to our strategy for engaging our global audience is creating authentic and intuitive digital products. As the Product (UI) Designer, you will be responsible for defining UI patterns and visual design across all Eurosport digital products. You will help develop a framework for UI patterns in a multi-device environment spanning web, mobile, tablet, smart TV, OTT devices and games consoles, ensuring that our users have the best-in-class digital experience that informs and inspires.
- Working as part of the UXD team, champion a user-centred design process and help promote a culture of customer-focused product discovery and delivery
- Support the UI design process for new and existing products on multiple platforms
- Help translate brand guidelines into a cohesive UI pattern library
- Create low and high-fidelity mock-ups and prototypes that evolve into pixel perfect designs, ready for development
- Support development engineers with the creation of assets and UI guidelines
- Support editorial and content strategy activities by creating on-brand visual materials
Key Skills and Experience
- Proven experience designing UI for multiple platforms including responsive web, native mobile applications and other connected devices
- Evidence of having worked on the full lifecycle of a commercial product, from concept to launch
- Excellent typography, iconography, colour and layout skills
- Ability to create prototypes for multiple platforms and support research to validate design decisions
- Proficiency in a variety of design and prototyping tools including Sketch, InVision, Adobe
- Creative Suite, Principle, Framer
- Experience with UI animation/motion design
- Experience developing and documenting visual style guides
- Experience creating on-brand marketing and promotional assets.
An online design portfolio of case studies is required for consideration. When showcasing group work, please specify your personal contribution to the project.
- performance-based bonus
- life assurance, private medical insurance and enhanced pension scheme
- onsite Medical Centre
- flexible working policies
- gym and fitness discounts
- on-going training and development opportunities