Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The American Express Enterprise Platform organization was created in 2018, as part of the company’s Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency.
We are on a journey to create a best-in-class Product & Engineering Organization. Our people not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on our sales teams, account development organization and customers, look no further.
The Director of Engineering serves as a key leader on the Global Accounts Receivable Platform team. This role includes a blend of Cloud based microservice platform development, technology strategy, executive communications and people leadership.
- Collaborate with product & technology leaders, scrum masters, product managers and engineers focused on our transformational journey to come up and deliver technology-powered solutions that our customers love and that work for our business.
- Play a critical role partnering with stakeholders and users to help drive customer-first product roadmap enabling business outcomes.
- Lead a team of engineers in a way that inspires each team member to do their best work and continue to grow and develop within the company.
- Role model the culture of enterprise thinking by helping to develop the best agile practices, and bringing your partners and colleagues with you
- Hire, mentor, and develop to maintain an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, retention of key employees, development, and high performance.
- Become a thought leader in both technical excellence and management excellence, balancing the needs of technology, business, customers, and employees.
- Contribute to the review and analysis of business needs and user stories.
- Provide thought leadership around best practices and new/emerging concepts.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
A successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience in software engineering.
- Proven experience in a leadership capacity.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development practices, Agile/SCRUM, Pair Programming.
- Experience in working with large distributed teams in a highly dynamic environment.
- You hold yourself accountable.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You’re methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure.
- You’re excellent at understanding competing priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team.